Congrats to Kelsea Ballerini and Kenny Chesney as their song “half of my hometown” tops the Billboard country airplay chart!
After learning that her song hit the top of the chart, Kelsea shared “through very happy tears, ‘Half of my Hometown’ is the number one song in country music this week. it’s my seventh number one (wait WHAT!)…and it’s my favorite. here’s why.
– sometimes leaving is the only way you understand the importance of where you’re from.
– if you want to know more about yourself, go back and find it.
– wherever you put your roots down, honor them. water them. it doesn’t have to look like your neighbors. – my years in knoxville shaped my creativity, my drive, and my sense of self. i wouldn’t be doing this had i grown up anywhere else.
– leaving at 15 to go chase this dream down was the hardest and best decision i’ve ever made.
– how the hell did kenny go from singing ‘back where i come from’ through my parents Jeep cherokee speakers to singing this song about the same damn place with me.
– go bobcats. my time at Central changed everything. IYKYK.
– all i want to do is make them proud.”
Photo Courtesy of Kelsea Ballerini